The lily flower is a very beautiful traditional origami model. Depending on the color you use, it can also look like an iris, especially if you use a blue or violet paper! Lilies exist in a wide variety of colors: white, yellow, orange, pink, red etc. Once folded, you can add a stem to your lily, and if you make more than one, you can arrange them in a beautiful flowers bouquet!
To make a lily flower in origami, please follow the instructions from this video on YouTube:
1. Start with a square piece of paper. Put the colored side on top.
2. Fold along one diagonal.
4. Fold along the other diagonal.
6. Turn the model over.
7. Fold horizontally.
9. Fold vertically.
11. Fold together all the folds you made. Put the open side up.
12. Fold the right side towards the vertical axis.
13. Slighy unfold and open the fold you just made by inverting the fold on the left.
14. Flatten the folds.
15. Repeat the same folds on the 3 other sides.
16. Open the model on a fully colored side.
17. Fold the upper tip to the bottom tip of the model.
18. Flatten the right side towards the vertical axis.
19. Flatten the left side.
20. Fold the bottom tip towards the top.
21. Repeat the same folds on the 3 other sides.
22. Fold the left and right sides towards the vertical axis.
23. Repeat for the 3 other sides.
24. Open the 4 tips to form the petals of the lily flower.
It takes a bit of time to fold an origami lily, but it's definitely worth it! They look so beautiful! Try to make several lilies, and add some stems (you can use tightly rolled paper, or a plastic straw).
Have you folded some lilies? If so please send us a picture of them so that we can add them to this page! Thank you!
If you fold this lily flower, please send me pictures of your paper lily flower so that I can show them here.
Have you tried this this lily flower origami model? How did it turn out? Please tell me, and send me a picture of your model so that I can add it on this page!
If you like this lily flower and my other origami models, you can support me on Patreon. Thank you!
Origami is the art of folding paper to create animals, plants, objects and geometric forms.
Origami models with easy to follow step-by-step instructions in video and photos.
Diagrams to fold origami models can be difficult to interpret sometimes. For each model we show a photo of each step so that you can easily fold all models. Each origami model also has a video that shows how to fold it.