The sailboat is a very easy traditional model. It has only two folds, but the boat looks very realistic. If you use a sheet of paper with a different color on each side, the hull of the boat will be of one color, and the sail will be of the other color. The sailboat is an interesting model because it shows how to reverse a fold. It is a perfect model to play in the sand at the beach!
To make a sailboat in origami, please follow the instructions from this video on YouTube:
1. Start with a square sheet of paper. If possible use a paper with a different color on each side. The sail will be of the color you put below.
2. Fold along the diagonal.
3. Fold the bottom to create the hull of the boat. You can try different positions.
4. Unfold the last fold.
5. And fold it again on the other side.
6. Unfold the last fold.
7. Unfold the diagonal fold and invert the other fold at the front of the boat.
8. Flatten the fold so that the sail is between the two sides of the boat.
9. Your boat is ready to sail!
Do you like this sailboat? If you fold it, please send me pictures of your ship at email@example.com Thank you!
If you fold this sailboat, please send me pictures of your paper sailboat so that I can show them here.
Send me a picture of your origami sailboat so that I can add it to the gallery. Thank you! :-)
Playing at the beach!
A very fuzzy boat.
Paper boat on the beach.
Two beautiful blue sailboats folded by Annette Bussmann.
Have you tried this this sailboat origami model? How did it turn out? Please tell me, and send me a picture of your model so that I can add it on this page!
If you like this sailboat and my other origami models, you can support me on Patreon. Thank you!
Origami is the art of folding paper to create animals, plants, objects and geometric forms.
Origami models with easy to follow step-by-step instructions in video and photos.
Diagrams to fold origami models can be difficult to interpret sometimes. For each model we show a photo of each step so that you can easily fold all models. Each origami model also has a video that shows how to fold it.