This Snowman model is an original model. It is easy to fold, and you can flatten it or give it a slight 3D form to make it stand up. Once your origami Snowman is folded, you can stick little bits of colored paper to make its nose (usually a orange carrot), eyes and mouth. You will be able to keep your Snowman for very long as it will not melt! ☃
To make a Snowman in origami, please follow the instructions from this video on YouTube:
Here are the step-by-step instructions to fold a Snowman (photo diagram and/or video).
1. Start with a square sheet of paper: white on both sides, or with a colored side.
2. Put the colored side up if you want the Snowman body to be colored. Turn the paper.
3. Fold along the vertical diagonal.
4. Unfold the fold you just made.
5. Fold along the horizontal diagonal.
6. Unfold the fold you just made.
7. Fold the right corner to the center.
8. Fold the left corner to the center.
9. Fold the bottom corner to the center.
10. Turn the model over.
11. Fold the top tip to the bottom of the model.
12. Turn the model over.
13. Unfold the bottom corner.
14. Fold the right side to the center.
15. Fold the left side to the center.
16. Open the top right corner, fold and flatten it to the right.
17. Open the top left corner, fold and flatten it to the left.
18. Fold back the right tip.
19. Fold back the left tip.
20. Fold up the bottom tip.
21. Fold the bottom part of the model as up as possible.
22. Fold up the bottom tip.
23. Turn the model over.
24. Fold down the top part of the model, at the already marked fold.
25. Turn the model over.
26. Fold the top right corner.
27. Fold the top left corner.
28. Turn the model over. Your Snowman is almost done!
29. Draw eyes and a nose, or stick small pieces of paper on your Snowman.
30. You can also fold your Snowman in the middle and on his sides to make him stand.
We hope you like this original paper Snowman model! You can also add paper buttons, or make sticks out of paper to give him arms. It would be nice to also make him a paper hat and a paper scarf so that he does not catch cold! :-)
If you fold this Snowman origami model, please send us pictures of the result to email@example.com so that we can add them to this page! Thank you! ☃
If you fold this Snowman, please send me pictures of your paper Snowman so that I can show them here.
Have you tried this this Snowman origami model? How did it turn out? Please tell me, and send me a picture of your model so that I can add it on this page!
If you like this Snowman and my other origami models, you can support me on Patreon. Thank you!
Origami is the art of folding paper to create animals, plants, objects and geometric forms.
Origami models with easy to follow step-by-step instructions in video and photos.
Diagrams to fold origami models can be difficult to interpret sometimes. For each model we show a photo of each step so that you can easily fold all models. Each origami model also has a video that shows how to fold it.
Subscribe to the Origami + YouTube channel to be notified when I publish new origami models and videos. If you like my original origami models and videos, please support me on Patreon. Thank you!
Join me on the Origami + Facebook page and follow @Origami_Plus on Twitter to talk about origami, share your origamis and suggest new models!
Copyright © 2015-2022 Stéphane Gigandet
Legal - Contact - Origami Links
For even more origami fun: